POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : lack of memory : Re: lack of memory Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:11:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: lack of memory
From: Warp
Date: 24 Aug 2006 05:37:58
Message: <44ed7376@news.povray.org>
yoon <jhy### [at] galaxyyonseiackr> wrote:
> I made about 1,700,000 cubes and it occupied 65% of 2G memory of my machine.

> and I should make 14,000,000 cubes but the memory should be overflowed.

> How can I solve this problem without considering buying more memory?

  Are there any groups of cubes which repeat, or are all the cubes
completely distinct from each other?
  If there are groups of cubes (say, like eg. groups of 10000 cubes)
which repeat, then you can make a mesh consisting of 10000 cubic shapes
and then just copy this mesh.

  What are you trying to do? Perhaps there's a better way of doing it.

--
                                                          - Warp